Milk allergy in infants
The infant is exposed to many external influences that can cause an immune response, which leads to the appearance of some allergy symptoms. These stimuli vary between natural substances flying in the air or foods eaten, of which are the main milk and products derived from them, which is the most important type of food that can stimulate the immune system in the infant’s body, and the main types of milk allergens are cow’s milk, in addition to sheep’s milk, goats, buffalo essays and other milk derived from breasts , and the most sensitive types of milk, range from sensitivity to the effect of the disease. The most important method of prevention is to refrain from eating cow’s milk in infants when the classic symptoms of milk allergy are observed in infants, depending on the severity of symptoms, from mild to severe degrees that cause side effects in the digestive tract to life-threatening anaphylaxis.
Symptoms of milk allergy in infants
Symptoms of milk allergy vary from infant to infant, depending on the immune system’s interaction with any exposure to milk, as the reaction may be mild the first time, and the next time, to threaten the infant’s life sometimes, the symptoms begin to appear hours after drinking milk, in the digestive system, one of the most important signs of milk allergy in the following infants :
Breathing difficulties with a whistling sound.
- Swelling in the throat area.
- Indigestion. Cough in the voice.
- The eye area curves, with the appearance of itching.
- Low blood pressure, which leads to dizziness and even unconsciousness.
- Skin allergies caused by hives or urticaria.
Treatment of milk allergy in infants
If a milk allergy is diagnosed in infants, the specialist will prepare some tips on how to deal with the allergy in the infant to avoid all life-threatening side effects, in addition to preparing a plan that includes the appropriate diet for the infant with products that do not interfere with his or her health, the treatment includes some of the following procedures
- Normally, the consumption of cow’s milk in infants is removed from the daily diet for a while.
- Control of the quality of formulas in the artificial diet.
- Control of milk formulations consumed during artificial lactation to use special formulations that do not lead to the development of allergies.
- The mother should be careful when choosing the types of milk used and consult a doctor before use.
- It is best to feed the child exclusively by breastfeeding, avoiding all products and compositions derived from cow’s milk.
- Your doctor should assess the child for 6 to 12 months to see if the system is suitable for the child’s state of health.
If the child inadvertently consumes milk, the situation must be corrected on the basis of the degree of sensitivity, if it is mild, some medications such as antihistamines, which in turn reduce the allergic reaction, and for anaphylaxis, the mother should go to the emergency room to provide the necessary treatment to protect against the danger to the life of the child.